Our history began with early German settlers migrating into Barnes County. The first German Lutheran chartered congregational services began in the year 1884 and were held in homes, a school, the Hi-Line elevator and the courthouse. Our present building was built in 1930, with many additions and remodeling projects. Though buildings are important, it is the heart of the people that makes a difference as we support our community and the mission work of the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America).
We seek to embody the love of God, in the Spirit of Christ, within and beyond our church walls. TLC caring efforts include: a warm greeting to visitors and members at the front door; delivering “Meal on Wheels” the 3rd Saturday of each month; raising funds for and delivering Food Bank school backpacks (May), as well as Thanksgiving food baskets (November), ringing Salvation Army bells (December), and supporting various community service/funding efforts. The possibilities for “outreach” are endless, & we welcome the opportunities before us.
Called to be “good stewards” of all God has entrusted to us, we help others be mindful of caring for and sharing their gifts: talents/ skills, care of creation (recycling), money/ income (offerings/tithing), care of self, etc. Growing as “good stewards” of God’s gifts is a serious endeavor, but we have fun along the way, too!